What exactly are cat litter wood pellets?
Cat litter wood pellets are usually made of pine and occasionally cedar. Pellets are made by first dehydrating wood at high temperatures and then compressing them into small pellets. These pellets are amazingly absorbent, which is part of the reason they work so well as cat litter. In most cases, they can absorb 4 to 7 times their own weight in fluid.
Wood pellets come in many forms, and there are several options on the market designed specifically for use as cat litter. But some people also use wood fuel pellets for their cats.
This works pretty well as long as you do your research, and can save you quite a bit of money. No matter what brand of wood pellets you use, you’ll want to make sure it’s kiln-dried, which removes unwanted compounds from the wood.
- Absorbs liquid waste very quickly.
- Strong water absorption: 1 kg of wood pellet cat litter can absorb more than 3 liters of waste liquid.
- Made of natural wood.
- An antimicrobial oil naturally found in wood that helps control odors by inhibiting the growth of bacteria that cause the ammonia smell often associated with litter pallets.
- Adds a refreshing pine scent to the litter box.
- No chemical additives.
- 100% biodegradable.
- The raw material comes from renewable plantation wood.
- Can be used with any litter tray.
NOTE: The effectiveness of cat litter can be increased by
- Feed your cat a high-quality, highly digestible cat food to reduce the amount of waste your cat produces.
- Periodically, we use a trash scoop to remove some of the dirty trash from the litter tray.
Where to buy our Cat Litter？