There are many reasons you might want to switch to wood pellets bedding over traditional choices like wood shavings or straw. Learn what are the benefits of animal bedding pellets over wood shavings.
- Highly absorbent: Wood pellets are 2.5 times more absorbent than wood shavings. One 15kg bag can absorb to saturation up to 35 Liter of water.
- Consistent texture: Wood pellets are similar in size and shape when used in whole pellet form or moistened, sawdust form.
- Easy to clean up: Soiled and saturated spots can be easily removed to make clean up simple. Odors are also absorbed and your habitat smells fresher, longer.
- Compostable: You can easily compost wood pellets. Pellets are biodegradable. Soiled and saturated pellets can breakdown into material that makes fertilizer for your garden.
- 100 percent natural: EcoPellets Tasmania makes wood pellets from untreated wood sawdust. No chemicals are used in the pelletizing process. This makes our wood pellets 100 percent natural.
- Easy on the wallet: Because wood pellets are more absorbent they last longer in stalls and habitats. Their ease of clean up saves time and labor. This makes them a budget-conscious product.
Additionally, unlike wood shavings, straw and sawdust, wood pellets won’t stick to fur, blankets and other bedding. Additionally, the low-dust formulation reduces the amount of particulate matter in the air to help avoid respiratory problems sometimes caused by breathing in fine particles.
One 15kg bag of wood pellets is equal to approximately 2 bales of wood shavings. This means in moistened, expanded form you can fill a 0.5 square meter habitat to a depth of about 3.81 cm with a single bag. A 3.5m by 3.5m horse stall might take between 6 and 8 bags of wood pellets to reach a desired and comfortable depth.