Heating with Pellets: Convenient, Affordable, Sustainable
Pellet fuel is a renewable, clean-burning and cost-stable home heating alternative currently used throughout Australia. It is a biomass product made of renewable substances – generally recycled wood waste. There are approximately 1,000,000 homes in the AU. using wood pellets for heat, in freestanding stoves, fireplace inserts, furnaces, and boilers. Pellet fuel for heating can also be found in such large-scale environments as schools and prisons.
In short, pellet fuel is a way to divert millions of tons of waste from landfills and turn it into energy.
Wood pellets as better alternative to briquettes
- 12- 25 mm pellets for boilers.
- Higher combustion efficiency.
- Automation of boiler fuel feeding system possible
- Leads to saving of manpower costs.
- Higher boiler efficiency (~40%).
- Improves the boiler feed temperature and steam consistency Ability to make out of multiple
- Agri-Residues without aid of binders.
Pellet prices are much less variable than fossil fuel prices providing more price security and reliability to consumers. An important factor for the cost-effectiveness of wood pellet heating is the highly efficient heating devices that were developed for this fuel. Wood pellets central heating boilers, like wood pellet stoves, can transform more than 85% of the energy contained in the fuel into usable heat. It is this combination of low fuel costs and efficient utilisation that makes wood pellets so cost-effective for individuals.