Can wood pellets be used for cat litter? The answer is simple. Many people find that wood pellets are a good alternative to traditional clay litter.
Can you use wood chips for cat litter?
Animal litter pellets are easily replaced with regular cat litter. In fact, there are many reasons why you might want to store wood pellets in your litter box. Reasons you might switch include:
- For your cat’s health. Your cat licks his paws to keep them clean. If he swallows the caked-on litter while doing so, it can cause a painful GI blockage.
- Friendly to the environment. Wood pellets are biodegradable and compostable, making them an eco-friendly small box solution. EcoPellets Tasmania cat litter pellets are made from 100% recycled wood, saving space in landfills. In addition, much clay litter is produced through strip mining of resources. Surface mining can be harmful to the environment.
- Easy odor control. Many cat owners find that clay does not absorb odors well. This can be unpleasant for you and your guests. Wood pellets have a fresh woody scent. Wood pellets can absorb odors, and many cat owners insist that wood pellets smell good.
- Wood pellets are very light. Clay litter is heavy and can be a hassle to clean out the box. Wood pellets are lightweight and turn into fluffy wood chips when wet. This means cleaning out the cat box can be less of a burden.
- Soiled wood pellets are compostable. Clay litter must be thrown in the trash. Soiled wood pellet waste is compostable and decomposes naturally. This reduces household waste. Also, compost can be used to enrich the soil.
- Wood pellets are cheap. You’ll find that wood pellets from EcoPellets Tasmania are a less expensive solution to your litter box needs. You can buy a 10kg bag of animal litter pellets to use as cat litter at a fraction of the cost compared to other suppliers.
- Wood pellets are easy to handle. Feces can be removed from the wood pellets with a trash scoop and flushed down the toilet (caution – do not flush wood pellets or sawdust down the toilet). Wet pellets become sawdust, which can be composted.
Ready to use cat litter wood pellets?
Can cat litter use wood pellets? Yes! Wood pellets are a great alternative to traditional cat litter. Order a 10kg bag of cat litter wood pellets today or find a dealer to buy. If you require any additional information, please contact us on +61 (3) 6380 0055.